Monday, September 24, 2007

Finally . . . Photos!


For those who just can't wait, here are a few photos to hold you over until we buy a new camera and take more pictures of our ever-changing place (and my ever-changing hair!).

We are in the process of getting some photos framed to hang on the wall and trying to figure out where everything should go. So, the photos are incomplete. And the one of me . . . it is a very long story and the camera we borrowed to take it really sucks. (It's Jojo's - ha!). But, after four hours in the salon this past weekend, my hair is an auburn-orange color and is really short. I'm getting used to it slowly. My kids don't know what to think of me, though. I was hoping for my original blonde-highlighted color, but the hairdresser, who claimed to be a "color specialist," told me only after the fact that "you have red pigmentation in your hair and it won't come up blonde." Ya think?! Why didn't you say so before you began the four-hour process? Thankfully, Cory is accepting regardless of how many times my hair will change over the course of a month.

Our weekend was relaxing - I think the first truly relaxing one we've had. We had dinner at a friend's place on Friday night - margaritas and taco soup - ole! On Saturday, Cory slept in while I went to the U.S. Embassy Bazaar. I bought a few things, but wasn't as impressed as I thought I'd be. Cory happened to find the best milk we've had since being overseas at the weekend market up the street while I was shopping away. I was excited about that new development in the refrigerator when I came home from my four-hour salon stay. Went to Neil and Joanna's for dinner that night and had a few drinks. On Sunday, I slept in while Cory went to play soccer. We had a really chill day on Sunday and ended up watching Donnie Darko. Not a movie to watch if you don't like being confused.

Weekend was good. We need more of them.

1 comment:

Rae Ann said...

It really is the "rainbow" house..... but I love it! Very cheery and fun, just like you two. Can't wait to see it for myself! You can't help but feel good when you come home to all that color. I know your hair is different again Jona, always changing, don't like to be bored, love you!