Monday, January 14, 2008

Another Rant

While I am in “frustration station” mode, I just have to vent this. I was going to mention this at the end of our Australia blog entry, but decided it would make for a funny blog post another time. So, here it is:

Why is it that people on airplanes cannot control their stench? Not everyone of course, but I’m referring to the people who usually just happen to sit next to me or across from me and have a) extremely putrid breath, b) sweaty, smelly feet or c) contagious diseases which they spread by yawning on your head or over and around the seat. On the way back from Australia, I sat across from this woman who hadn’t brushed her teeth in ten years. It wasn’t a matter of custom or not being able to afford taking care of teeth. It was just a matter of being inconsiderate of other aircraft guests. I just don’t understand how people can’t notice their own smelliness! You know how there’s a sign in the airplane bathrooms that says, “May we suggest that you use your paper towel to wipe clean the wash basin for the next guest? Thank you for your kindness.”? I think it should also say, “May we suggest that, before you leave the bathroom, you brush and floss your teeth of all the plaque buildup from last year’s meals and replace your gym socks with fresh ones unless you’d like to keep your shoes on? Thank you for your consideration to other living, breathing passengers.” Sorry, I know, mean. Maybe one day it will be me. Geez, I hope not.

5 comments:

Rae Ann said...

Wow, so sorry to hear about your "wasted time" in trying to post all your Aussie pictures. I can definately relate to your frustration, anger and tears, believe me. Sure hope you can get this figured out, it would be a shame not to share your times with all of us. There has to be a way, good luck! I feel bad for Cory since you scared him with "dad's temper", oh-oh.........

Rae Ann said...

You are sounding like your brother Jona when he was younger and couldn't stand the smell of anything........ oh-oh another moment. I don't blame you though, it's hard to handle those yucky odors.

Amy and Del said...

You seem to be extremly grumpy since arriving back in Manila! News years goal not working out for you? ;) xox

Del Boy said...

"but I’m referring to the people who usually just happen to sit next to me or across from me and have a) extremely putrid breath, b) sweaty, smelly feet or c) contagious diseases which they spread by yawning on your head or over and around the seat."

Maybe you should stop sitting beside Cory on the plane then hahaha

Del Boy said...

mmm derek here my post came up as interweb strange