Thursday, January 10, 2008

New Year, New Goals

Wow, it's been quite some time since I last posted. Sorry about that!

Alright, alright, I know this is cliche. I know that alot of people make alot of New Year's resolutions and I know that most, if not all, never keep them. I personally have never kept a resolution I've made either. But, I swear this year will be different. I've decided to call them goals rather than resolutions in hopes that I might forget about New Year's. I've also decided (perhaps rather stupidly) to post the goals that Cory and I have on the blog as a means of sticking to them. My line of thinking is that, the more people who know, the more we are to be held accountable. In theory, of course. Well, here it goes:

* Go to the gym five times a week (I know, I know, I know!!!)
* Eat smaller portions
* Cut the crap food and only eat sweets (and by that I mean a nibble) on an irregular basis
* Stop chewing my lips (well, this is only my goal. I've chewed on the inside of my lips for as long as I can remember and I always end up making them bleed. I don't know if it has to do with stress or what, but it's now become an addiction and needs to stop)
* Use less chapstick (for which I also have an addiction)
* Become more financially savvy
* I am not allowed to post the last one

And of course, we both want to continue enjoying life as we always have. Trips, relaxation weekends away, less time at work (I know, you think we don't work at all anyway - not true, not true!), more time reading and scrapbooking (for me) and appreciating the things that matter most.

Hope the New Year finds you well and happy. Enjoy those who matter most in your life - smile, laugh and love!

4 comments:

Grant said...

I think I could try #1 and $2...but you??

Kate said...

Curbing chapstick??? You???

Amy and Del said...

I found a chapstick of yours under the pillow when I changed the sheets! You are never getting it back now! I think I know what the "goal" is! lol!

Rae Ann said...

I love the goals, keep them coming, now I want to see pictures and all the fun times in Aussie! Love you, mom