
So, we broke down and bought a car. We figured since we'll be here awhile, we might as well suck it up and purchase a vehicle. That way, we can leave for school and return from school on OUR schedule. No more buses teaming with loud obnoxious children. I love kids, but there comes a point when all you want to do is go home after spending an entire day with them and just have some peace and quiet. We also thought the new rig would be great for those weekend beach getaways. It's strange because we haven't owned a car in four years! And driving in Manila is not the most comfortable or fun thing to do. If you're not the one watching, you could easily be sorry. We got the 2002 Honda CRV on Monday and have driven it to school this week, except on our no-drive day (Wednesday). It's a pretty smooth ride and I must admit, it hasn't quite sunk in yet that we finally have our own wheels again! Now, if only I can remember how to get out of the dang parking garage in our building . . . :)
3 comments:
Wow, you're back in the saddle again, lovely car, bet you both look good in it, driving in Manila though, wow, I'd be a little scared.......
You have much courage. Nice wheels.
Gee, that looks familiar! Except in beige...
Well at least we will have some more peeps to do some driving!
Send me flight deets!
Post a Comment