I know I've posted before about the crazy storms we get in Manila, but two nights ago, we had the biggest storm yet since our arrival in the Philippines. It started around 7 pm with some wind whistling through the windows and the occasional flash of lightning. About ten minutes later, we started to hear the crackling of thunder. It got louder and louder until it felt and sounded as if trees were breaking off their stumps right outside our window! We turned off all the lights (which turned out to be a good thing anyway since the power went out!) and watched from our cozy couch as the lightning was so close that you could see balls of white illuminating the entire sky from the tops of buildings just a street or two away. The lightning that creepily streaked above us was incredible. It was a very eerie feeling to watch the storm unfurl its evil self, but I have never heard or seen anything quite like it. The storm lasted over an hour. Our storms never last over an hour! It was an amazing sight to witness. Cory got a bit of video but every time he'd go to put the camera down (and just when we'd think the show was over), the sky would light up the city again and we'd hear another loud rumble, shaking the building to its core. Pretty amazing. We have been having storms every day for the past week and today, while we were at work, the kids were going nuts with the thunder and lightning. I guess I would be too if I were that age . . .
Finally, after hours and hours and hours of time spent on the Internet, we have decided on our October holiday plans! You have no idea what a relief this is. Flights are booked and accommodations are set. We are staying mostly local this year to save money since we purchased our car, but we are quite happy to do so as there is so much to see and do in the Philippines. Mom and Dad - we've changed our itinerary completely. I think you will be happy with the choice, though. There is nothing to do but relax. I am looking so forward to it already. It's a tiny little place called Pandan near the island of Mindoro. White beach, good food, simple but clean cottages . . . perfect. Also in the works this year: Palawan at Christmas, Hong Kong in February, Bohol in April and a few other unknowns. We'll keep you posted!
3 comments:
The storms sound quite amazing. I thought the hurricane would bring so unsettled weather, but it didn't (Which is actually fine with me).
Between you two and your brother and Amanda, it's all a mom can handle with sleepless nights worrying about the kids! As long as you are safe and sound, that's the main thing....... it's always an adventure being with you two no matter what we do, bring it on!
I want to see some pics!
Post a Comment