Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Day Off

We have today off. A Wednesday. Might seem random, and in a way, it is. It is Eid. They officially announce the holiday when they "see the moon." Which can be predicted. But anyway. I'm not complaining - we have a day off mid-week which is great for me since I have to attend an all-weekend workshop for professional development. True, I had a choice in the matter, but now I am sort of wishing I didn't do it. I rather cherish my weekends. Hopefully, it is worthwhile. Guess what else is going on today? Apparently, there is a Category 2 Typhoon headed through metro Manila today. I woke up to gloomy gray skies and rain. It's been that way for about five hours now and doesn't look like it will let up. I love these kinds of days! All comfy and cozy inside reading and scrapbooking and doing whatever I like . . . while Cory sleeps off his hangover from last night's Slurp. He didn't get in until 5 this morning! Well, at least one of us will enjoy their day off! :)

1 comment:

Kate said...

NICE! There are like 2 kids in here that were fasting for Ramadan.. I'm pretty sure they'll be happy to stop today...