Thursday, February 19, 2009

Hong Kong, Here We Come!

I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to tomorrow, Friday, February 20. We are finally leaving the country! We have a 3-day weekend and are using the entire three days, in addition to the quarter day on Friday evening, to visit a friend in Hong Kong. It's been non-stop busy since we returned from our holiday in Palawan over Christmas break and with the recent stress and emptiness of having no Cory this week (he was away with a throng of middle-schoolers for a Week Without Walls trip), I think I am in need of a short pause from the storm that is my class this year. This weekend is definitely one to be thankful for as we almost didn't receive Monday off, even though it is marked on the school calendar. Apparently, the holiday is not highly-celebrated, nor has the president made up her mind about which day she wants to officially declare EDSA Revolution Day. But, we had purchased our flights long ago and the announcement that we would have to work on Monday would have been icing on the cake after the school recently changed one already-planned holiday in April.

So . . . we are taking this weekend and running with it. Hong Kong, here we come!

3 comments:

Kate said...

Good for you!! Just do it!! Crazy governments and changing their holidays all the time! Who needs it? Travel safe-- and most very importantly-- HAVE FUN!

Tiffani said...

So fun! I hope you have a blast! Can't wait for pics when you get back... plus I think you owe me an email... It's been awhile! Love ya!

Tiffani said...

PS> I noticed we are no longer friends on facebook... are you trying to tell me something? :)