Sunday, March 29, 2009

So Spring Break was . . . Unique . . . Shall we Say?

We're still alive!

However (comma) after our "adventures" over spring break, we've (or I should say I've) needed some time to regroup. And sort through the 900 FREAKING PHOTOS that our guide took on our caving expedition. Stay tuned folks, stay tuned . . .

And if these sample photos (along with the extreme differences in emotions between Cory and the rest of us) don't entice you to soon read about our trip, I don't know what will.

We started out in high hopes (check out our caving gear. Don't we look snazzy?)


We even found the positivity for some silliness


Jona shimmying down a narrow passageway


Mom covered in mud (as well as remnants of bat crap)


Cory is his element (and absolutely LOVING it)


Cory, overjoyed


Kristy and Mom, not quite amused


Jona thinking, "This is just fantastic. What the hell am I doing here?"


Cory climbing up yet another cave cliff (and relishing in it)


This one speaks for itself


Cory and a cave spider (how is it possible that someone could get so excited over that disgusting and huge 8-legged creature???)


Our accommodations for an evening (Kristy looks thrilled, doesn't she?)


The hike out of the cave after sleeping in it (priceless. So done with this, so done)


Washing up after two days of traversing, climbing, swimming, rappelling, walking through muck and wading through knee-deep bat shi*, hiking uphill for five hours on slippery rocks, sweating, stinking and sleeping in bat-infested chambers on tarps

4 comments:

Kate said...

OYE! Are you sure you weren't in the 5th concentric circle of hell? (see Dante's Inferno)

Glad you made it to hell and back, perhaps it will give you new ideas for the next "heaven and hell" party back in manila?

Rae Ann said...

But we all did survive and as always...... what an adventure, I sure do appreciate my son in law helping me along and very proud of my daughter and Kristie for finishing the experience......

mnppartain said...

Captains Mast Cory!
Please email me.
mnppartain@aol.com
I would love to hear from you.
Matt

Scott said...

Hey Shipwreck! Had any Green Devils Lately?

Your friend from the rack below you.

Scott
mclaugh@cinci.rr.com