Okay, so this may just gross you out . . . but make you snicker at the same time.
A couple of weeks ago, my students were working on a group project and were sitting in each others' seats around the room. All of a sudden, one of my boys says, "Ahhh! What's this?!" and points down to the chair he was sitting in. I go over to see what he's going on about and I immediately get this grossed-out, wanting-to-hurl feeling in my stomach because I know exactly what it is. I shooed the kids away as the owner of the chair exclaimed, "That's not mine. I don't know how that got there." I pulled the chair aside and saved it for later. After the class had left for the day, I re-inspected the chair and of course, came up with the same conclusion: it was poop. A dry, circular, encrusted piece of crap. Shocking as it was and disgusted though I felt, I managed to grab a bunch of thick cloth and alcohol and scrape the poo off the chair. Now, there's two things: first of all, how is it that a piece of poop travels up a kid's shorts or down a kid's shorts onto a chair without him noticing? How does he sit in it day after day and NOT feel it, smell it or otherwise know that it is there? And secondly, how is it that no one else in my class, including me, smelled it? Just ridiculous, I tell you. The life of a second grade teacher is never dull.
3 comments:
ew.
pehaps he sat in animal excrement in the playground?? or on the oval or something?
Never dull, that's for sure, not with those little ones, now if Cory has a similiar experience.........hmmmmmm....... then you might have to worry, otherwise just put it in your story log and know you survived!
Post a Comment