Delicious food. (I'm still full after the THREE Thanksgiving feasts we've had this year!)
Decorations. (I decked the halls all by my lonesome this weekend as Cory was rafting up north. More on that later.)
Festive music. (I think I played our 6.7 hours of Christmas melodies about four times over this weekend. And I still can't get enough.)
Smells of baking. (Well, soon. Mom and I are going to bake together this year. Can't wait!)
Candles. (Yes, I plan ahead and buy the holiday scents over the summer to pack back to the Philippines for wintertime.)
Gatherings with friends. (Seems like there is more going on over the next few weeks than there is the rest of the year combined. But I'm not complaining.)
I love it. Absolutely love it.
There is just something about the period between Thanksgiving and Christmas that I crave. I needed this time of year to roll around more than I ever have, I think. There has been too much stress, too much change. My mood has been low. But this season is what I need to bring me back up. I am looking so forward to the holidays this year because for the first time in six years, we are coming (going?) HOME for Christmas! I always miss Christmas at home and I always feel homesick while on vacation, but this year, there is NOWHERE else I would rather be. Home, home for the holidays...
2 comments:
You are as busy as a bee. I haven't done anything yet. This weekend, for sure... So glad you get to enjoy Christmas at HOME this year! I hope it's truly spectacular and you celebrate to your heart's content! ENJOY!
I CAN'T WAIT until you're here, only another week! It'll be wonderful, it's cold but it's home so what can I say. We'll bake, cook, listen to music, sing, play games, eat, drink some wine and just have some wonderful family time, just you wait and see! Yipee!
Post a Comment