Wow. Christmas break was so lovely. And now it's back to the routine. Work. Play with kitties. Figure out whether to move into a house next year. Work. Play with kitties. Repeat, repeat, repeat. But, you know? It wasn't so bad coming back after holidays. It was surprisingly great to see my class again and although Cory got sick right after we returned, he's all better now and the kitties are turning into little cats and we're loving them. And it's sad that we will continue to boast about the three little knuckleheads, but as I said before, we have become those people. The crazy cat people. You know what else? We realize how EXTREMELY lucky we are for those cats, for our families, our jobs, our health, our happiness and the abilities we have to make choices about our present and our future. We are so thankful for the good things we have in life, which is to say, we are thankful for pretty much everything. Yes, 2009 brought some real crap our way, but that crap is what we're realizing makes us grow as people and that crap is what puts things into perspective. And there's always someone else who has more crappiness to deal with than you.
I just finished The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner. Thoughtful book. Could possibly have contributed in some way to my state of mind at the moment. And that's a good thing. Because there is SO much to be blissful about. And this year, I am not taking anything for granted. Life is just too dang short.
4 comments:
Loved "The Geography of Bliss" such a fun book...have you seen this webbsite: http://icanhascheezburger.com/
I don't know why but sometimes it's exactly what you need some days...check it out.
When life gives you lemons.. get out the Tequila and salt I say!
xx
We are so lucky, aren't we? Just think of all the positives and that can keep us smiling always. Love you!
Your kitties are so cute and I can see why you are so in love! Who took care of them while you were out of town? I will send you, and you alone, a belly shot soon. If you think I am going to post that on my blog you are crazy! :)
Post a Comment