Monday, October 18, 2010

Randomness

Here are three photos from The HoeDown, a typical American function held in Manila each year by the Women's Club of the Philippines, I think. There was a mechanical bull (which I did NOT ride), plenty of line dancing (which I TRIED to keep up with but failed miserably) and some drinking to be had (of which I indulged only SLIGHTLY).



Here are some photos of the plants we got delivered this weekend. Already the cats have decided that these are their new toys. We have woken up to find piles of dirt stacked up beside pots, little dirty paw prints all over the house and the cats themselves rummaging through the soil. We're hoping this phase is short so that we can enjoy the beauty of the greenery without having to worry about keeping the plants alive!







One of said trouble-makers after falling asleep upside down on the couch.

Some curtains for the guest room (which has yet to be used, ahem!)

And that's all for now. :)

4 comments:

Rae Ann said...

What a green thumb you two have, as long as those little critters don't ruin those beautiful plants, anyway, looks very nice and homey (is that how it's spelled????) anyway, I can't wait to use the guest room, hopefully soon, love you! Get ready for the Mother in law Cory!!!!!!

STEPHANIE said...

As always, your writing is vivid and entertaining. I'll keep your plants in my prayers.

Amy and Del said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy and Del said...

Looking sweet as sis.. sweet as.. nice plants.. good luck to you! I have a hard time keep mine alive, so they often have to visit Carol's plant hospital to be revived and rested and recouperated! ;)