I saw these two National Geographic slogans on my way home from work recently:
Live curious.
and
The more we know, the more we know we don't know.
That last quote really struck me because it's so true. The deeper I dig into the subject of food, the more curious I become and the more I continuously learn. All of my reading and documentary-watching lately have led me to one conclusion if we hope to change the future for the positive: the key is BALANCE.
How perfect, then, that I came across this NY Times Opinion Page the other day, entitled In Search of Equilibrium. Granted, there are a few points in the article that I disagree with quite strongly, but on the whole, the article challenges us to restructure, or rebalance, our ways of thinking and ways of living in order to create a more sustainable and happier future for humanity. It forces us to be accountable for our actions and to wonder: what choices will I make in 2011 that will impact the future in ways that are fair, that are ethical and that show awareness of the multitude of connections in this world? What will I do to inspire positive change? Or will I do anything at all?
In my humble thought process, I feel like we are getting to a tipping point in terms of what we, as people of this Earth, can do to save Mother Nature and its creatures for future generations to appreciate. Wherever you stand is not for me to judge. I simply know that I love living on this planet and want to preserve it. I want to make choices that are informed as much as I possibly can and to strive for that ultimate happiness and balance that I believe does exist.
3 comments:
I like how you think ;) Thanks for giving me something to think about. Your cats are adorable as always and I love the new pic of you and Cory together. So cute! Missing you as always~
Balance is what I strive for everyday. It's hard sometimes, but I think it's possible.
Hi Jona:
can you post the name of that book that you were reading a short while ago? something about eating animals, or eating food, or eating something...
peace,
SC
Post a Comment