We are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. The adoption paperwork is almost completed. We still need to get police clearance from the States and we have a few documents to get notarized, but are almost there. So close, we can feel it. By the time we're through, we'll have about 20 items to hand in - one of which is 15 pages long! Cory and I have stayed remarkably sane throughout this crazy last month. I think we are just so excited about the prospect of becoming parents that it makes all the hurdles worth it. And we have to remember that all of the paperwork is for the protection of the child, which we think is really important.
Some fun stuff: the baby's room is painted and already, we have been collecting items like toys, books, clothes and a high chair from friends' garage sales and kind passing-along. We also have a crib lined up and curtains being made. A friend of ours here is an artist and will be painting a silhouette of a baobab tree on the light blue wall of the baby's room, along with three canvases of animals. I'm STOKED to see how the room comes together! We are going simple - nature-themed and earthy colors that can go with anything. I will post an in-progress photo soon.
Baby planning is busy and so is work. We do have a four-day weekend coming up for Easter and will be hanging out at a remote beach villa with a few friends. My plan? Read, rest, swim, eat and play bocce ball. And continue to dream about being home for the summer! We've just ordered the last of the big furniture items that we have budgeted for this year and can't wait to put the house together this summer. The native landscape plan was also (finally!) decided upon and the landscapers start on April 25! Woohoo!!
4 comments:
I'm so glad I got to see the beginning of the transition from bedroom into the "baby's" room, how exciting, I can hardly wait to be gram lola, or should it be lola gram???? Hmmmm, anyway needless to say I can't wait! Thanks to both of you for a lovely weekend, I truly treasure those moments that we share, I'm so blessed!
Oh my... all of these things are so exciting and I am so excited for you guys. So I know you probably don't know but do you have any clue about how long this whole thing could take? I know in some places they will let the child live with you before all the paperwork is complete? I guess I should have sent this in an email because I have a ton more questions for ya! I will soon!
Love ya
Tiff
Not before all the paperwork... but before the whole process is finalized.
Wow! you guys are so busy! But it's good busy! I hope you have a great weekend coming up. I can't wait to see the pics of the room, and I'm so happy that things are coming around. The BIG DAY will be here before you know it... So happy for you guys.
Post a Comment