1. an act or instance of traveling from one place to another; trip 2. chiefly dialect; a day's travel 3. something suggesting travel or passage from one place to another; "the journey from youth to maturity;" "a journey through time."
Monday, April 23, 2012
One Day on Earth
On Sunday, Cory and I had a "date night." We went to a screening of One Day on Earth, a documentary which was collated from over 3,000 hours of footage taken from every country around the world on 10.10.10.
The film made me very aware of myself and my perception of the world we live in. It reminded me that we are all connected and that we are all dependent on one another. It made me think about the lifestyle changes we've made over the last few years and about the changes we still want to make. It made me incredibly happy to know that I am becoming a more mindful person and that awareness is a powerful mechanism for positive change. It also made feel grateful for my life: for what I have in love, in family and in health. That I have all of my needs met and many of my wants. That I am lucky for being born into the life I was born into.
The film was emotional, but in a very good way. It moved me. And it moved me in a direction I want to keep going. Life is such a precious opportunity for me and I cannot allow myself to let trivial absurdities and minuscule complaints change or influence my disposition and the way that I interact with others. There is just too much for me to live for. And I am so incredibly grateful to have this chance to live this life. I must always remember that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
What a beautiful post!! Really enjoy reading your blog....you honestly should consider writing a book about your "adventures in teaching" - especially Manila and finding your son. It would be amazing!
Sorry - my first comment still says "unknown said" even though 'this blog does not allow anonymous comments' and I edited my profile immediately after. (????) So I'll reiterate - consider writing that book!! :)
I double that about what Kerry said...... hope both of you can write your books, you have many, many things to say and such a gift, love you both, hope I can fine this so I can watch this program!
Post a Comment