Sunday, May 27, 2012

Dashed

Well, any inkling of hope that we were holding onto about coming home this summer has been dashed. We will absolutely be staying in the Philippines. At this point, we will be lucky to have the final paperwork drawn up to go home in time for Christmas.

This was not to be unexpected. We knew we'd miss at least one summer and Aiston's arrival really could not have been at a better time as far as court hearings and paperwork go. We were just hoping to receive a special permit to be able to leave the country.

Although it will be a struggle to stay in Manila this summer and forgo the joys of crisp, fresh air, mountains, trees, walks on the beach and through the woods, microbrews, decent shopping, our Washoulihouse on the river (!!!) and most importantly, our family and friends, in the end, the journey is worth it and all that matters is that Aiston is home with us being loved and nurtured.   

Now, here's to hoping we can find some really cool and really fun things to do this summer in the Philippines.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I'm sorry to hear that it's official about the summer. I know that you were kind of anticipating that outcome. I hope that things are able to come together for a winter holiday home. You guys deserve it. That next trip home will be that much more sweeter.

Mombomb/Gramlola said...

At least you have mombomb/gramlola there for a few weeks..... isn't that so neato......... I so wish you could all come home too...... at least I get to see you and hold that beautiful little guy in a few days......... I'm just hoping and praying that Christmas 2012 will be extra special.......