It's been a helluva few weeks. Cory and I have been SUPER busy with work (just finished my Parent/Teacher Conferences and Cory's are this week). Late nights after working out and a few social happenings have made it seem like we've barely had time to breathe. Or spend time with each other. Or plan ahead for the holidays. But, the busy-ness has mostly been positive.
On Friday night, I caught up with a very good friend and had a glass of wine too many. That MAY have contributed to Saturday's not-so-terrific mood. But it was worth it.
Saturday was just plain dull (besides reuniting with the kittens we fostered while their momma was out of town). Ace didn't wake up in the greatest mood. Nor did he take a very long mid-day nap, which made him in an even worse mood ALL afternoon. We didn't accomplish anything we wanted to, nor did we get to take a little nap while Ace slept because he didn't actually sleep at all and because there was construction for the upteenth time next door right at the same time (think drilling). I can't even remember what we did on Saturday really because it was that ridiculously boring at times and Cory and I were that dumpy. On top of that, Cory's allergies were horrible and it was hot and sticky out. It was a typical last-year-sort-of-day for me and this-year-sort-of-day for Cory, as we struggle to accept that we will be here in Manila another two years after this one. More on that later. Our moods were just crappy and nothing seemed to brighten our spirits. Until Ace finally went to sleep at night (yes, it's true, there are times when his sleep and our break-time is the best thing in the world) and we got to sneak in a little veg-out time in front of the computer, watching Survivor. Then the bed called our names and off to sleep we went by 9.
Today was MUCH better. :) We got up early (but slept in for the weekend) and Aiston didn't get up until 7:30!!! We managed to have coffee and write some emails and get ready before he even stirred. We headed off to the market much earlier than usual and much to our happiness, the veggie folks who have been missing from the market scene for the past month due to stupid Filipino Farmer's Market politics, were back. They gladly accepted my list and reusable bags as I finished the rest of my shopping. Cory fed himself and Ace breakfast at the market while I got all the provisions needed for the week without worrying about taking too much time or listening to Ace whine about "money, money!" :) After that, we made a long-overdue trip to Heart of Mary Villa, the orphanage where Aiston lived the first eight months of his life. We dropped off lots of goodies, mostly powdered milk and toys, spent time with the 17 babies and toddlers at HMV and relived some of the memories from Aiston's homecoming. The trip was eye-opening for Cory. It was also very sad to know that the kids are not with their forever families yet. After a pit-stop for mocha frapps, we returned home and Aiston took a FANTASTIC nap (three hours!): Cory snuck in a haircut and some Seahawks broadcasts and I framed some photos and checked off a few things on my to-do list. After lunch, we all headed to the bazaar where Aiston got some winter clothes and I got some work clothes and we found out how we could order some wooden toys for the Buko's upcoming birthday. Finally, we enjoyed clean-out-the-fridge-night and got Ace to bed with some time to spare before bedtime for us and another full week ahead. We were all in sync today and that connection is KEY to a happy weekend for us. The lessened Sunday traffic and beautiful blue sky also contributed to a lighter mood.
Ahhh....eight more days til Momma arrives and nine more days until October break. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...
1 comment:
Sorry it's been so long... I owe you a huge e-mail. Been thinking about you, though! I KNOW you can make it another week before your break!! You can do it. Just think, back state side, there are no October breaks, unless you take sick days... :-) Miss you guys, and sending you lots of hugs!!
Post a Comment