Saturday, January 5, 2013

Before, During and After

Within the week, I will endeavor to post three updates, one from before the main chunk of the holiday break, one from during the longest part of the break and one from afterwards.

It is really hard to sum up these last three weeks, but briefly, I would call our vacation rejuvenating. It was exactly what we needed at a time we needed it most. I would say we were thankful. We appreciated the simplicity of being outside every day: breathing in the fresh air, exploring new places and spending quality time as a family. Christmas was low-key and without fanfare. We were flexible, patient and open-minded. Aiston was tolerant, adventurous and happy. The holidays were just that - a glorious break from the routine, a chance to reconnect and refocus on priorities, and a wonderful distraction from the fact that we couldn't be home for Christmas.

No comments: