Monday, October 28, 2013

Memories

As I was finishing up some long-overdue scrapbooking projects today, I came across two photos that struck my heart.
This one was taken when we got our first official pet: Sweetie Pie. I am guessing I am about six and Ryan is three and a half. We look so sweet and innocent and so completely enamoured by this animal who would teach us so much about patience and empathy. I remember so many annoying things about my brother when we were younger, but I also remember that we had a really solid relationship growing up. I really cherish spending time with him now that we are older. He is my only sibling and he is incredibly smart, motivated and energetic. He enjoys learning new things and then goes out and does them with a zest that I crave.
And this photo was taken eleven years ago in Las Vegas. Twelve days prior to our engagement, Cory planned the Twelve Days of Jona. Each day, we did something to celebrate our love, with the last day being the day Cory proposed on a stressful last-minute weekend trip to Seattle. In this photo, Cory arranged for a gondola ride at The Venetian. We are so young and carefree. And so very much in love. The best part about this memory is that I love Cory more today than I did then because he is the person that was and is meant for me. He is an incredible man, husband and father. We have been through so much together and grown so much together and have always come out stronger for it. The older we get, the more I appreciate all that he is. I am so thankful he is mine.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I could have possibly taken that picture! Such a special time for you guys! I loved getting to be a little bit part of the 12 days and a big part of the "proposal" was so great! I will never forget it. You guys are so special and were made for each other! xoxo

Mombomb/Gramlola said...

What wonderful memories and so many more, love you all!

Kate said...

AW, so sweet. Love the steps back in time.