Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Paint and Pixie Cuts

Alright, so, the painters should be finished this week. Our place will be quite the rainbow, as my dad thinks. I say it's looking interesting. And more homey. Just to entice you until you see the photos: imagine cooking in a dark purple kitchen, scrapbooking in a cranberry and pink-striped haven (Cory's choice, of course), reading on the couch facing a lime green burst of insanity (may need to repaint this one), walking down long orange corridors, and dropping the kids off at the pool in a soothing brown bathroom. Yes, that's right folks. A rainbow it is. It actually looks way better than it sounds. Just you wait . . .

As far as pixie cuts go, I have chopped off my hair . . . for the second time. I got bored. I am still not used to it and the guy I went to had no clue what he was doing. Cory says I was brave. Luckily, my skills as a former hairdresser came in handy as I told him to snip here and snip there. Maybe that's why I'm not impressed yet. Anyway, I think it's the dark color. When I had it short before, it was blonde. I think it looks better that way. Maybe I'll dye it again. Photos soon.

Cory has discovered a new workout regiment, thanks to Neil Freeball. Photos soon.

In other news, it rained all day today. Not like the rain we get back home, where it's crisp and dark outside. More like the rain of impending doom, the muggy heat penetrating every pore. Actually, it's not so bad having rain again after living in the desert for five years. Give me another month of it though, and I'll be ready for the desert again.

4 comments:

Rae Ann said...

I can't wait to see your "rainbow" apartment and my new "pixie" daughter, miss you both so much, stay healthy, take care of each other and be happy. I love you! mom

Betty Jarvis said...

Jona, is this to say your hair is dark? Art thou a brunette?? Yes, you must post photos. Got my ownhair "done" this evening. It's quite long now and faux blonde still. The kids at my school confuse me with the other literacy specialist because we're both white, in our 40s, have long hair. All-look-same.

Kristen Knudsen said...

Can't wait to see photos...and your new haircut. I am a little worried that Cory is following Freeman's example...sounds like a recipe for trouble! Glad to hear you are both doing well. You are missed here in Cairo.

Anonymous said...

Just wait till you get here before you do anything else with it! I will take you to my fab hair dresser!