Thursday, November 29, 2007

A Hell of a Week

What can I say about this week?

It has been hellacious, that's what I can say. Absolutely mad. And the longer I hang out with these Brits and Aussies, the more lingo I will be adding to future blog posts. Right, back to the week . . .

After a couple of glasses of wine (much needed, I might add) this evening, I will attempt to inform you of the happenings of this week. The short version: two typhoons, one earthquake, an Accreditation visit the entire week long (a group of international educators and directors popping into classrooms, asking questions; basically surveying the ins and outs of every nook and cranny in our school to give commendations and recommendations), a funeral for my beloved grandmother, report cards and right as I speak, a military coup. Yes, a coup. Within a mile of our place. Apparently, as Cory was just informed in the elevator on his way back in from stocking up for the weekend's festivities, this happens all the time. Fantastic. Now you see why I needed the wine.

This weekend (6:30 am tomorrow morning to be precise), we will be heading to Batangas. We will be holed up at Virgin Beach. We've heard good things. And it can only be good with the amount of beverages and games (cards, of course) we are bringing. Looking forward to a much-deserved three-day weekend. Cheers all.

2 comments:

Kate said...

OH, yes, you need some wine!! A COUP???? Natural disasters? Strangers in your classroom? Holy Mackrel, I say!! Enjoy the beach..relax, carefree all the way....missing you both muchly!

Grandma Scott said...

Being a working moms and dads is hard to do. You miss so much of your children’s special moments. The time you can spend with them needs to full of joy. I raised two beautiful daughters and can say for sure they are worth every minute. I read to my girls and talked with them. I told stories to them of about my family. My Grandma Durkee told me stories about sea voyages and my father’s birth at sea.
I am now writing children’s books and would love your input; you are after all my future readers. On my website I have forwards and first chapter of the first 2 books. http:www.giftsofdawn.com Come to my website or my blog site and join my group tell me what you think.
Children are gift from God, and every day is a new beginning in their eyes, and believe me they grow way to fast cherish every moment and remember the stories so you can tell they to your grand children.

Hugs Grandma Scott