1. an act or instance of traveling from one place to another; trip 2. chiefly dialect; a day's travel 3. something suggesting travel or passage from one place to another; "the journey from youth to maturity;" "a journey through time."
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Staying Put
This year, we decided we'd go looking around Makati for a new place to live. We looked at a penthouse, more apartments and houses. Cory and I particularly liked the penthouse, but realized the owner would have to do a few major renovations before it would be "up to our standards." Plus, he wanted the contract to start in June, when our current contract isn't up until July. So, we'd have had to pay a month out-of-pocket. I also really liked a house we looked at, but Cory wasn't as keen. I tell you, this was no easy process. There are some really old and really unkempt places out there. In the end, we decided we would just stay put in our current unit until next year, when (hopefully!) we'll have a bigger budget to work with and more time to search.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I had to snicker at "our standards" I hope we can occupy a room in the not so distant future... ;)
Post a Comment