Sunday, May 17, 2009

Amazing Race - Manila Style!

Last weekend, a friend from work had a 30th birthday bash. He tends to go all-out on these sorts of occasions and this event was no exception. His lovely girlfriend and his best friend planned and organized an Amazing Race Makati-themed game by which about 40 of us, in groups of four, had to run around Makati completing tasks, providing proof by taking pictures, one person wearing the face of Craig at all times. Those were the rules. There were about 50 tasks to complete within three hours. Each task was worth a certain number of points and the team to finish and tally up the most points was the winner.

I only have the photos from my team since all the cameras were divvied up, but Cory's team included the birthday boy himself and you can imagine how raucous and hilarious they got.

My teammates: Joni, JB/Craig and Sandy
Task: Stand knee deep in a pool of water

Task: Get a Craig-inspired henna tattoo (now, I was the first one to do this and didn't really know what they meant. I thought you had to get Craig's name and some symbol. After the race, other teams came back with just initials and a cool symbol. I was the only one with his full name tattooed on my arm, which will last about three weeks. And the symbol I chose? God. I know, what a suck-up. And now the tat really looks bad when I'm with Cory!)

Task: Find matching hats

Task: Ride 4-up on a motorbike

Task: Drive a jeepney

Task: Sing karaoke

Task: Eat bolot (chick embryo - a delicacy - blehk!)

Task: Go to Ringside and box (normally, Ringside is a venue for midget wrestling...)

Task:Get a stripper to wear Craig's mask

Task: Buy viagra

Task: Pump someone's gas

Task: Drink a vodka slushy at 1-2-1 Bar


Our team won!!!

2 comments:

STEPHANIE said...

your tasks sound fun and you look like you had an amazing race!
peace,
SC

Rae Ann said...

Bolot..... didn't look like you participated in that task, huh Jona? Looks and sounds like so much fun and maybe you're the teammate to have instead of Cory huh??????