Monday, August 22, 2011

The Days After

The days following the news that we were matched are both some of the happiest and hardest of our lives. They are happy because they mark the beginning of a connected family. We celebrated with dinner at the Freemacs with Kristy and some wine.



The anticipation of bringing our son home makes these days extremely hard, as well.

The newest update is this: Homecoming Day is now Wednesday. 9am. I have been assured that this is final. We will have to wait for two more days. It is the longest wait ever. And it brings a lot of tears and frustration.

BUT...there have been some awesome and wonderful things that have transpired over the course of these past few days, too.

Kristen, Kristy and Joanna had a shower for me this weekend. I needed it. The ladies pampered me with wine, all-vegetarian food, a pedicure and a massage. We ate cake, guessed the name of the baby and made scrapbook pages for the little guy. And Steph had me practice diapering and changing her 3-month old son. Success. :)







Here are the names the ladies either suggested or guessed:
Oliver
Keener
Jesus or Jaime
Thomas
Jamal or Mahmoud (don't ask)
Steve or Guapo
Maxwell or Maximillian
Suzuki
Percy, James, Henry, Harold or Train
Sev
Bong or Boy (ha!)
Pat Pong (We are NOT in Bangkok!)

Hilarious. FYI - his name is chosen, but will not be revealed until he comes home.

They also pampered Baby Boy Patterson with some unnecessary and beautiful gifts: a hiking pack, a rocking chair (one especially made in a sustainable and natural way-just what I wanted), toys, books, clothes and a bin of essentials.


I am so thankful for the love and support of these gals. They will make such amazing Aunties!











Finally, I have continued to tinker in his room, which is truly adorable. I love it and I hope he will, too. Cory and I often go in there two or three times a day, just to refocus on what's positive about all of this. The only thing that would make the room brighter is him in it.













Oh, and we get to visit him today. :)

3 comments:

Rae Ann said...

Oh, and we get to visit him today.......... boy do I want to hear all about that! I'm so happy you have such lovely people around you, you both are lucky, even if it doesn't seem like it right now, and that special little guy is truly blessed! Wednesday it is, 9:00 am, I can't wait! Loves to you and my beautiful grandbaby

Kate said...

YAY!!! You all look beautiful too, by the way! I'm so happy for you!

STEPHANIE said...

I love the baby bedroom!!!!! I love the tree mural! I'm going to send you a copy of the mural I'm trying to get done on my baby's wall.