Saturday, November 23, 2013

Two New Developments

This week has been momentous for our little Ace Man.

It was the first full week that Aiston has been in big boy undies! He went to school with underwear on and has only been in diapers for naps and bedtime. He has had zero accidents for five days in a row! This is big news considering we were worried that he was approaching three years old and showing absolutely no interest in using the toilet. But, this all came from him and that was the best way to go. Now he feels super proud. And Mommy and Daddy feel super relieved!

Another development took place in a conversation between Aiston and I one morning this week, immediately upon him waking up:
Aiston: "Mommy, mommy, I have a birthmother, I have a birthmother Mommy?"
Me: "Yes, you do. You have a birthmommy named Faith and I am your Forever Mommy. You are special because you have two mommies."
Aiston: "You're my Forever Mommy and I have a birthmommy, too."
Me: "That's right. Faith is your birthmommy and she grew you in her tummy and you have a Forever Mommy. That's me. I didn't grow you in my tummy, but I will love you forever and I'll be your Mommy forever."
Aiston: "Yeah! Aiston have two mommies! Birthmommy and you my Mommy!"

This conversation was the first ever to be initiated solely by Aiston. It took me by surprise that he had woken up thinking about it. We have been reading adoption books to Aiston since he was a baby and are always very open in talking with him whenever family becomes the subject of conversation. Since we had been reading some new books this week about different types of families, Aiston must have had some of these ideas in his mind. The conversation was sweet and it melted my heart to hear him talking about his two mommies.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

WOW!! Such great news... on bothBIG happenings!! Well done Mommy and Daddy!! Aiston has two AMAZING parents who LOVE him forever and the greatest thing is that he knows it!

Kate said...

Wow, that warms my soul. You guys are amazing, and he's going to always know his origins and know his own special story! Big love to you all!

Mombomb/Gramlola said...

Makes me just beam, I sure do miss my doodlebug, he is soooo special and so are you and Cory, I love you forever and always

Mombomb/Gramlola said...

Makes me just beam, I sure do miss my doodlebug, he is soooo special and so are you and Cory, I love you forever and always