This week marks the beginning of the third trimester. It's surreal knowing that we have made it this far. Baby is about 14 inches long and weighs about three pounds. He is most active after dinner and when the alarm clock wakes me up in the morning, and at different times throughout the day. Cory and I still get this jolt of excitement every time we have a doctor's appointment and get to "see" him. Babies really are miracles.
Last week, I was blessed by three events: A class baby shower, Ryan and Sofia's final visit from Singapore and a baby shower with my girlfriends. Sofia made the call to come last weekend so that she could join the celebration. I'm thankful that she did.
The class shower was organized by my room parent, who had planned fun games for the kids and I, a vegan chocolate cake to indulge in and a diaper cake as the gift (along with some really cute pjs). The afternoon was light-hearted and sweet, and it was fun to watch the kids' reactions over attending a baby shower for their teacher.
There are not really words to describe how much it means to me that Aiston looks forward to his Tito and Tita's visits and easily reconnects with them once they are here. He cried when they left. And there are also no words to describe what the baby shower meant to me. It was hosted by three of my very close friends in Manila - Joanna, Joni and Kristen. They booked out my favorite little local vegetarian eatery, Corner Tree Cafe, and decorated it with flowers, pregnancy and family photos, and worldly artifacts to go along with the "Welcome to the World" theme. About 15 ladies were in attendance and they all contributed to a travel bag full of Euros for baby items that we will need once in Prague, and an envelope filled with sentiments for future times when it might be difficult for me to be without my dearest friends nearby. We played a couple of games, dined on delicious food and enjoyed lovely conversation. The amount of time, effort and thought behind the shower truly impressed me and made me feel loved and appreciated. I wasn't expecting it to be such a wonderful time, but it was, and I didn't want it to end. Tears flowed when a short speech was made. Happy tears for the gift that is this baby and heartbroken tears over moving away from these incredible women in six weeks time.






























1 comment:
Such a wonderful event, you are so blessed to have these amazing friends and I'm so lucky to have my awesome family and my new little magoo on the way....... I so wish I could have been there, you are looking soooooo lovely!
Post a Comment