Friday, May 15, 2015

Going to Miss These Girls

Last weekend was lovely. A group of ten of us went away for a ladies weekend. We stayed in a beautiful villa overlooking the sea. We slept in, got massages, chatted and ate all weekend long. It was so relaxing that I was still tired two days later. It was a wonderful way to cap off eight years with these gals. Saying "farewell for now" is not going to be easy, but I have started to let the emotions roll, not because I'm pregnant, but because I think it's the healthy thing to do. I have loved having such a supportive network of friends here in Manila and they will most certainly be one of the most difficult things to part with. Moving to Prague without such a network is going to be a challenge, particularly as I will not be working for the first half of the year. I hope I am prepared for this. I feel blessed to have been part of this experience with these amazing women and to appreciate one last getaway in the midst of all the end-of-year/end-of-contract/end-of-a-quarter-of-my-life chaos.

1 comment:

Mombomb/Gramlola said...

Friendships are wonderful and lifelong ones are even more a blessing and never to be taken for granted. You all look lovely and my Jonabug is positively glowing. It makes my heart happy that you have such special ladies in your life, I know you'll miss them so...... thank goodness for technology, so you will all be able to stay in touch no matter where all your lives take you in this world. I love you!