Monday, June 8, 2015

Final Farewells

I hate that word final. Because it's never really final, as every experience affects you and shapes you into the person you are continuously growing into. Nonetheless, final in this case means last, one more, a departure from.

And so...

Our final school year in Manila ended calmly. We spent time wrapping up with close friends, shedding tears and sharing hugs. We squeezed our final provisions into suitcases and boxes for the flight to Europe. We gave away our remaining items and choked out a tearful farewell to Delia. We stayed at school longer than anyone else on the last day to take care of any remaining tasks, but really just to dwell on our time here and all that ISM has meant to us. Driving away was hard.

Saying goodbye or see-you-later is never easy. I am grateful to have finished teaching at ISM on a high: best class ever, fabulous grade level team, admirable administration, so much expertise gained. I am grateful for a zen year at work and at home, despite the stress of finding new jobs, preparing for a big move and being pregnant. I am grateful for our friends and our helpers. I am grateful for the life we were able to build for ourselves. I am grateful to have had this opportunity.

Words don't really capture the range of emotions experienced during these moments. So, I think it's best to just post some photos and be done with it.

Ate Mariz and Ate Delia
Heart of Mary Villa
The Freemacs
Friends at Work and for Life
Off to new adventures. Another journey awaits...

1 comment:

Mombomb/Gramlola said...

Wow, your new path began and already another new year begins, new places, new friends, new son, so many blessings but so many changes, what does the future hold for my wonderful daughter and family.............