Sunday, March 13, 2011

Big News!

Cory and I are beginning the adoption process here in the Philippines! It has been something that has always been in our minds, but more recently, we have decided that we are in the right "place" - emotionally, financially and readiness-wise - and want to be parents. We do not care how we welcome a child into our lives, so long as we have the opportunity to do so. The adoption process promises to be both frustrating and rewarding. We are putting the news out there in the hopes that we have everyone's full support and love. We will keep you all informed of the process - the highs and the lows. For now, we are busy filling out paperwork and getting documents prepared to turn in by mid-April, our goal. We could not be more excited to share this news with the people we love who still find the time to read this blog.

4 comments:

Kate said...

This is such amazing news. I can't wait to hear about it. I'm thinking good thoughts for you and I'm sure you guys are so ready for the famiy you've always wanted! So-- CONGRATULATIONS! You guys will be the best parents ever. So proud of you!

Tiffani said...

This is so exciting! I feel like I am hearing this news from a sister... because that is how I think of you. So I am getting a new niece or nephew! (I expect to be called Aunt Tiff :)) You do not know how happy I am for you both. Could not think of better parents for a little child who needs a home. Congrats! COngrats! Congrats!
XOXOXo LOve ya! Tiff

Michael and Jen said...

Yay!!!!! Awesome news! We couldn't be happier for you both. The child(ren) who can call you their parents is blessed beyond measure. How exciting! Much love to you both and CONGRATS!!!! xoxoxo

Rae Ann said...

Well of course you have my 100% support and I'm so excited, haven't been able to sleep since you told me, Cory will be stuck with his Mother in Law again for periods of time! Love you two!